Skip to main content

Shop My Closet

Featured

Vintage Clothing Is SO In Right Now, So Get Thrifting

Are you one of those thrifty people who loves all things vintage? So do I! Vintage clothing items are all the rage right now and to own a piece is to own history, so why update your closet? Hop on the vintage trend train, choo chooπŸš† You don't have to spend an arm and leg either when purchasing vintage and retro clothing. Check out my shop on Etsy! I'm constantly updating it with the newest vintage clothing I've acquired. Get it while it's hot!

10 Signs You're A New Yorker




(This was taken from my article from Odyssey).
Even though I've officially lived in Florida longer than New York, I still feel as if the empire state is still home. No matter how long you are away from your home state, people can still tell that you're from there. It is funny to me that people can detect even the slightest of things that give away that I'm a New Yorker. If you're from there, then you probably know what I'm talking about. Here are 10 signs you are from New York:

1. You complain about any other pizza that isn't New York pizza.

Especially with living in Florida, these pizzerias that claim they have "authentic New York pizza" are all living in a fantasy world. I'll tell you this, it's sort of close, but no cigar. Stop the lies.

2. You complain about bagels that aren't New York bagels

But you have to deal with it because it's the easiest thing to get for breakfast or a snack. You know what makes it better? Smoke salmon cream cheese with lox on top. YUM!

3. You get angry when you ask for a slice and the server at the pizza shop says "a slice of what?" 

Let's get one thing straight here, A SLICE MEANS A CHEESE PIZZA. Don't look at me like I'm crazy.

4. Your friends make fun of the way you say certain words

For example: orange, socks, etc. If you met my parents then you know anything they say gives it away.

5. You get annoyed when people automatically assume you're from Long Island or Manhattan

There are other parts of New York that do exist!

6. You get into heated arguments over Yankees v Mets

But for real, let's go Yankees!

7. You have owned or do own a North Face Jacket

Guilty

8. You've had to take the Regents exams


9. You're really impatient when walking in crowds

MOVE! 

10. You've never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building



Comments

Popular Posts