Skip to main content

Shop My Closet

Featured

Vintage Clothing Is SO In Right Now, So Get Thrifting

Are you one of those thrifty people who loves all things vintage? So do I! Vintage clothing items are all the rage right now and to own a piece is to own history, so why update your closet? Hop on the vintage trend train, choo choo🚆 You don't have to spend an arm and leg either when purchasing vintage and retro clothing. Check out my shop on Etsy! I'm constantly updating it with the newest vintage clothing I've acquired. Get it while it's hot!

Alessia Cara: Not Your Average Pop Star

Credit: Vulture.Com


Alessia Cara is not your average pop star. The Canadian singer doesn't wear flashy clothes or accessories, nor does she wear makeup when she is performing on stage. Why? Well, in a recent interview she says, "I think just the entertainment industry in general or just the media in general-there's just such a mold that goes with that kind of stuff. There's such a standard of what a pop star is, and if I don't fit that, there's going to be criticism."


I think it's so great that she actually wants to focus on her music and get a message out there to her fans with the lyrics rather than impress with the sparkly outfits and makeup. Don't get me, I love that too, but you rarely see artists these days who go out to perform and have people only come and care about the music. This reminds me of Ed Sheeran. It's just him and his equipment. No dancers or background singers or expensive clothing. I appreciate the fact that he's dressed in  jeans and zip up hoodie. Yes, it's a simple outfit but it doesn't distract and it makes me feel like he's just an ordinary guy.

Everyone is going to be different and I'm glad that more women like Alessia are embracing that part of themselves and sharing it with the world.

Comments

Popular Posts