Skip to main content

Shop My Closet

Featured

Vintage Clothing Is SO In Right Now, So Get Thrifting

Are you one of those thrifty people who loves all things vintage? So do I! Vintage clothing items are all the rage right now and to own a piece is to own history, so why update your closet? Hop on the vintage trend train, choo choo🚆 You don't have to spend an arm and leg either when purchasing vintage and retro clothing. Check out my shop on Etsy! I'm constantly updating it with the newest vintage clothing I've acquired. Get it while it's hot!

How To Optimize Space In Your Closet




I'm one of those people who just loves to organize everything: my closet, my room, my life....
Anyway, a lot of my friends and family will tell me how disastrous their closets are, so I figured I would be their saving grace.

1. Remove All Your Items:

Take out EVERYTHING from your closet. I mean, everything. You're going to start from scratch. Think of it as a white canvas that you're ready to paint.

2. Start With Your Clothes:

If you haven't worn it in 6 months, it has stains/holes, doesn't fit, or it no longer brings you joy, get rid of it! The stained or damaged one can either be thrown away or donated (depending on the condition). The other ones you don't want can be sold at a local consignment store, eBay Poshmark, or a Plato's Closet (if you want cash on the spot). I like to organize my clothes by color coding them and then I put them in order from tank tops to short sleeve to long sleeve.

3. Storage Bins Are Your Friend:

You can get yourself some nice storage bins from HomeGoods to spruce up your closet, but don't over do it and buy too many. This is where you can keep your extra shoes, Holiday decor, movies, etc. If you have shelves, definitely stack them nicely on there first before putting anything on the floor of the closet (unless you absolutely have to have it on the floor). 

4. Buy A Shoe Rack:

I have one of those hanging shoe racks in my closet and it definitely helps, but I own way too many shoes so I either put them in bins or I display them nicely on the floor. The purging system for your clothes also applies to shoes. Stains, rips, don't fit, hurt your feet? TOSS THEM.

5. Repeat This Process:

Closet organizing isn't a once a year type of thing. I'm always revamping it and donating things a few times a month, but that's just me. I don't like clutter and if I see that my closet is starting to become a mess, I fix it because just looking at it stresses me out.

Hopefully these tips help! If you have any tips to share, leave them in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts